[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: If I deploy more than one webservice I get

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 07:55:14 EDT 2007

Thanks for the valuable discussion. I will try to explain what changes between 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are causing the problems you encounter.

anonymous wrote :
  | 1.) For EJB3 deployments we need to create a web app for HTTP invocations (obviously)
  |
  | 2.) EJB's don't contain web context information, so we derive it automagically.
  |
  | 3.) Until 1.2.0 the context name was derived from the ear/jar name.
  |
  | 4.) This changed with 1.2.1 to an algorithm that derives it from the bean class name

So what's happening when you deploy a EJB3 jar that contains multiple beans?
The default algorithm derives different context names for each bean in this deployment, which in turn we cannot use to setup the HTTP endpoint and thus throw an exception.

This also explains why the following did work:

anonymous wrote :
  | @WebContext(contextRoot="/beans")

Unfortunately this is left out in the specs and thus has been changed many times.
Until we a have a definite solution i suggest you refer to the @WebContext annotation, even though it's not the most elegant solution.

--
Heiko

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046101#4046101