[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Conversion error on simple trial

dkane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 10:38:44 EDT 2007

Actually, I found that stateless bean method is not even being invoked.
I added log-string to the very first line :

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("register")
  | public class RegisterAction implements Register
  | {
  |
  |    @In
  |    private User user;
  |
  |    @PersistenceContext
  |    private EntityManager em;
  |
  |    @Logger
  |    private Log log;
  |
  |    public String register()
  |    {
  |
  |   	  log.info("SEAM : REGISTER EXAMPLE IS INVOKED");
  |       List existing = em.createQuery("select username from User where username=:username")
  |          .setParameter("username", user.getUsername())
  |          .getResultList();
  |
  |       if (existing.size()==0)
  |       {
  |          em.persist(user);
  |          log.info("Registered new user #{user.username}");
  |          return "/registered.jsp";
  |       }
  |       else
  |       {
  |       	 FacesMessages.instance().add("User #{user.username} already exists");
  |          return null;
  |       }
  |
  |    }

register.jsp contains the button :

     <h:commandButton type="submit" value="Register" action="#{register.register}"/>

But when I click the button, log message "SEAM : REGISTER EXAMPLE IS INVOKED" is not being printed.

What's wrong ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046169#4046169

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046169