[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Can TreeCache do what I need?

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 13:25:15 EDT 2007

It is best that you go thru the docs and set up your system accordingly, and then post specific tuning questions here rather than an all-encompassing discussion.

anonymous wrote :

  | I can probably figure out some of the options, but I'd like to specifically ask how to serialize changes to disk until they are flushed to the persistent store (and delete the files after flushing).

I presume you mean the CacheLoader here.  CacheLoaders can use a variety of backing stores to offload cache data to disk, although this isn't a "temp" space.  Flushing to a CacheLoader can happen synchronously (this is the default).

I'm presuming you have an external data store (such as a database) where you obtain your data, and use the cache as an im-memory store for cheap/easy access?  If not (i.e., you use the cache loader to persist state to a shared DB) you could chain cache loaders:

1)  Use a local disk based cache loader (such as Oracle's Berkeley DB or jdbm Cache Loader) in sync mode (immediate flushes)
2)  JDBCCacheLoader pointing to your DB, in async mode.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046236#4046236

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046236