[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: why

estaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 15:34:11 EDT 2007

Simon,

anonymous wrote : I disagree the persistence behavior of JbpmContext is obvious.

What, exactly, are you expecting that would make it obvious?

A search through the user guide for "transaction" will get you:

anonymous wrote : A JbpmContext typically represents one transaction.

anonymous wrote : The persistence service [exposed by JbpmContext] will obtain a jdbc connection and all the other services will use the same connection to perform their services. So all of you workflow operations are centralized into 1 transaction on A JDBC connection without the need for a transaction manager.

anonymous wrote : By default, jBPM will delegate transaction to hibernate and use the session per transaction pattern. jBPM will begin a hibernate transaction when a hibernate session is opened. This will happen the first time when a persistent operation is invoked on the jbpmContext. The transaction will be committed right before the hibernate session is closed. That will happen inside the jbpmContext.close().

  | Use jbpmContext.setRollbackOnly() to mark a transaction for rollback. In that case, the transaction will be rolled back right before the session is closed inside of the jbpmContext.close().

There are pages more on transaction handling.  While I agree that the docs are weak in a lot of areas, you lose your right to gripe if you won't use what's there!

   x:     "God, please let me win the lottery.  PLEASE let me win the lottery."
God: "Try buying a ticket?"

-Ed Staub

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046277#4046277

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046277