[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Row-locking enhancement for ejbLoad invoked outside of a tra

ScottMarlow do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 15:53:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a cmp bean method marked with "transaction-type=NotSupported".  I would like the ejbLoads that occur for calls to this method, to act as if row-locking=false.   I want this for the cases that the parent transaction holds a row lock on the same entity bean.

Would this be a valid ehancement to JDBCLoadEntityCommand.execute(JDBCCMPFieldBridge requiredField,
                           EntityEnterpriseContext ctx)?  We can easily test the ctx if a transaction is active, if not, don't use the row-lock syntax.

Should there be an option perhaps that controls this?

Thanks,
Scott

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046287#4046287

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046287