[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Data entry's backing bean not picking up entries on form

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 02:46:19 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have a situation where I am not sure how to debug it. Please help.

I have an entry form where entry fields are mapped to a bean as followed:

entry.xhtml
<h:inputText id="teTradeId" value="#{tradeEntry.exchTradeId}" required="true" >
  | <a4j:commandButton value="Add" action="#{tradeMgr.addTradeEntry}" reRender="tradeReportingPanel" />

entry bean:
@Name("tradeEntry")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class TdTradeEntry implements Serializable {
  |     private String exchTradeId;
  |
  |     @NotNull
  |     public String getExchTradeId() ...
  |
  |     public void setExchTradeId(String exchTradeId) ...

backing bean:
@Stateful
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | @Name("tradeMgr")
  | public class TradeManagerBean implements TradeManager, Serializable {
  |     @In @Out
  |     private TdTradeEntry tradeEntry;
  |
  |     public void addTradeEntry() {
  |             // tradeEntry is always null in here
  |             x = tradeEntry.getExchTradeId();
  |     public TdTradeEntry getTradeEntry()...
  |
  |     public void setTradeEntry(TdTradeEntry tradeEntry)...
  |
  | }

For whatever reason, the injection of tradeEntry is always null which Seam would throw exception as

anonymous wrote : Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: org.jboss.seam.RequiredException: In attribute requires non-null value: tradeMgr.tradeEntry

If I was to declare the injection for tradeEntry with qualifier as (create=true) such as
 @In(create=true) @Out private TdTradeEntry tradeEntry;

When I did this, all the fields in tradeEntry would be null.

Am I doing something wrong with this model?

Thanks for your help.
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046390#4046390

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046390