[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Problem deploying data source in JBoss 5

JerryGauth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 07:41:05 EDT 2007

I'm using the latest development code for JBoss 5.  When I deploy a data source and a war archive to the /deploy directory, it appears that the war archive is processed before the data source.  Consequently the data source isn't available when the war is deployed and the resource reference fails.

If I start the server with the data source deployed and I then hot deploy the archive, the resource reference is successful.  Of course, when I restart the server, the problem returns.

With JBossAS 4.x, there was no issue regarding handling of data source deployments.  Is there something that I need to do differently with JBoss 5 to ensure that my data source is processed before my war?  I've looked for doc on this issue but so far have only found references to defining dependencies for mbeans, not archives.

Thanks,

Jerry

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046454#4046454

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046454