[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Please explain the Portal URL - /portal/portal

nollie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 13:55:45 EDT 2007

Hello all

I am picking up where hamptont has left off.  We are just finishing our upgrade to portal 2.4.1 and I'm addressing our issues with the context-root and URL prefixing/mapping.  When I began the upgrade our context-root was '/' and our URLs were being prefixed with 'portal'.  My goal is to make the context-root 'portal' and remove the prefixes all together.  (Our motivation is still the same and explained above by hamptont.)

The below suggestion

anonymous wrote : If you look at jboss-service.xml you can even change how the URL decoding is performed :

  | 1/ remove the PrefixDelegatingCommandMapper
  | 2/ set the PortalObjectCommandMapper as the next of the DefaultPortalCommandMapper service
  |
  | this way you should have /a/b/c act the same as /portal/a/b/c

Deals with classes found in 2.2.  The seemingly relevant mbeans in 2.4 are listed here.  You can see that I've tried setting the prefix to '/' but that hasn't lead to the desired result.

   <mbean
  |       code="org.jboss.portal.core.command.mapper.CommandFactoryDelegate"
  |       name="portal:commandFactory=Delegate,prefix=portal"
  |       xmbean-dd=""
  |       xmbean-code="org.jboss.portal.common.system.JBossServiceModelMBean">
  |       <xmbean/>
  |       <attribute name="Prefix">/</attribute>
  |       <depends
  |          optional-attribute-name="DelegatingFactory"
  |          proxy-type="attribute">portal:commandFactory=Delegating</depends>
  |       <depends
  |          optional-attribute-name="DelegateFactory"
  |          proxy-type="attribute">portal:commandFactory=PortalObject</depends>
  |    </mbean>
  |    <mbean
  |       code="org.jboss.portal.core.model.portal.PortalObjectURLFactory"
  |       name="portal:urlFactory=PortalObject"
  |       xmbean-dd=""
  |       xmbean-code="org.jboss.portal.common.system.JBossServiceModelMBean">
  |       <xmbean/>
  |       <attribute name="Prefix">/</attribute>
  |       <depends
  |          optional-attribute-name="Factory"
  |          proxy-type="attribute">portal:urlFactory=Delegating</depends>
  |    </mbean>

Have I made a wrong assumption about the prefix attribute?  (it would seem so)  Is there an analogous edit to the XML as explained above for 2.2?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

 Nollie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046578#4046578

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046578