[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Calling merge/persist even not called....

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 14:26:36 EDT 2007

You might try knocking the batch size in your hibernate configuration down to zero to see what the actual problem is (I had to do this yesterday - see hibernate docs for howto).  Hsqldb doesn't seem to give good errors for batch updates.

But I think the default EJB3 SFSB behavior is to flush the EntityManager prior to the transaction committing.  So if you had any dirty entities known to the EntityManager, those would be flushed automagically.  It looks like this is what's happening to you - though I don't know of a way to identify what those are during flushing.  Anyway, if you don't want this behavior, change the flush mode when you start the conversation, as per the seam docs.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046592#4046592

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046592