[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SEAM BUG in pages.xml

tony.herstell@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 18 05:45:25 EDT 2007

Can SEAM check the paths to pages on startup and warn if pages.xml contains unknown pages (and also duplicate entries for pages !!!).

This would be really useful!

I FINALLY found the bug as to why my workspace picker was not working! WAHOOO!

I had this :

  |     <page view-id="/userRegistration.xhtml" timeout="300000">
  |         Reason: Registration of new User
  |     </page>
  |

  |     <page view-id="/pages/user/userRegistration.xhtml">
  |         <restrict>#{!identity.loggedIn}</restrict>
  |     </page>

When I should have had this:

  |     <page view-id="/pages/user/userRegistration.xhtml" timeout="300000">
  |         Reason: Registration of new User
  |         <restrict>#{!identity.loggedIn}</restrict>
  |     </page>

I think Seam was just taking the last one of the two and ignores the first.

SO TWO problems :

Seam allows duplicate pages (ignoring the first causing difficult to find bugs!)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046744#4046744

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046744