[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - persist without @GeneratedValue

nicolasb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 18 06:23:46 EDT 2007

Hello

I'm a bit confused concerning this issue but I think this fits inside the seam context since i am basically following the tutorial drum line with the newest stable seam release.

i tried to create a simple entity without an @GeneratedValue notations but it doesn't seam to persist. the tables are being generated correctly but no message in thrown in stdout in opposite to a simple persistence operation with an @GeneratedValue notation.

  | public class Blog implements Serializable
  | {
  | 	@Id
  | 	private long id;
  |
  | 	public long getId() { return id;}
  | 	public void setId(long id) { this.id = id; }
  |
  | }

In my stateless session bean i use

  |   Blog b = new Blog();
  |   b.setId(17);