[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Captcha - custom message

michael.c.small do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 18 10:31:02 EDT 2007

I was looking to do the same thing but didn't even realize that the CaptchaResponse annotation existed.  My guess is that you need to create a getter method (with above annotation) on the Seam Component that handles the form you are associating the captcha input with.

Because I was unaware of the annotation, I found another solution.  If you are using the <s:validate/>/<s:decorate> in combination with the <h:inputText/> for the captcha input, you can use a custom message from your own message bundle:

  | <s:decorate id="captchaDecor">
  |     <h:inputText value="#{captcah.response}" required="true">
  |         <s:validate/>
  |     </h:inputText>
  |     <s:span rendered="#{invalid}">
  |         <h:outputText value="#{messages.invalidCaptcha}"/>
  |     </s:span>
  | </s:decorate>

Note that "invalidCaptcha" should be whatever you named your property in your message bundle.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046840#4046840

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046840