[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Component Binding don't work in Seam?

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 18 17:34:58 EDT 2007

I am trying to bind a couple Trinidad InputText components (UIXInput) in a SFSB.

I keep getting an error message that the Backing Bean (SFSB) resolved to null.  Do component bindings just not work in Seam?  I know they are discouraged (sited in the documentation somewhere), but I don't remember anything saying they just don't work.

Essentially what I am trying to do is clear out a couple of values on my form after I submit.

Use case is two input components add data to a dataTable on form submit.  I would like to clear the inputs after the data is added to the table, so if someone has a way to do this without bindings, I am all ears.  I was under the impression I had to call setSubmittedValue(null) on the Input components to achieve this.

I am using Seam 1.2.1GA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046946#4046946

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046946