[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is it good to code JSP-specific information in EJB??

hsiung do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 20 18:27:14 EDT 2007

hi Daniel,

I'm not sure I understand your point. In a matter of facts, actually in most cases I know of, the EJB services are settled. New web applications running on a web container use EJB services already written years before. It would be complicating the architecture to introduce UI concerns in a service layer that is per definition a UI neutral layer. Yes, separating UI concerns from the service layer is a true requirement.

I was refering to Pete's statement
anonymous wrote : [the tree case] is really the only case when I have to put UI in a component.
As I understand his statement, SelectOneRadio (which is NOT a tree) works without putting UI concerns in the EJB layer. I'm sure he is correct. So I simply ask how do SelectOneRadio works without ValueChangeEvent in the EJB, assuming we remove the backing bean in the web container with Seam.

Alain

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047079#4047079

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047079