[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Question On @Datamodel Outjection

hasc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 03:58:36 EDT 2007

Hello,

i have a problem outjecting a datamodel.

i have a class the holds the business logic for a calculation process. It holds the Entity Calculation.class where the data is stored. during the calculation i create another object that holds the response information.

@Stateless
  | @Name("expresscalculator")
  | public class ExpressCalculatorBean implements ExpressCalculator {
  |
  |     public BudgetOverview calculate(Calculation calculation) {
  |
  |         // initialise BudgetOverview
  |         BudgetOverview budgetOverview = new BudgetOverview();
  |
  |         //some code
  |
  |         // this is the datamodel
  |         Set<CostItem> costItems = calculateInstallationCosts();
  |         budgetOverview.setCostItems(costItems);
  |
  |         return budgetOverview;
  |
  |     }
  |
  |     // some functions
  | }

and here is the class BudgetOverview

@Name("budgetOverview")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | public class BudgetOverview{
  |
  |     // some attributes
  |
  |     // the datamodel
  |     @Datamodel
  |     public Set<CostItem> costitems;
  |
  |     // getter and setter methods
  | }

So the problem is:
In the view I can display all attributes from the budgetOverview except the datamodel selectitems. But i can e.g. display the size of the datamodel. So it is set properly just not outjected.
If i change the code and outject the datamodel in the CalculationManager class and initialize it via a getter method from the BudgetOberview it works fine.

I have no clue if i made a mistake or the overall concept of outjecting an object that outjects a datamodel doesnt work.

Help would be great. and i hope you could follow this explanation.

thanks,
hasc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047125#4047125

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047125