[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Exception definition in pages.xml

kooudy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 05:01:00 EDT 2007

Hello,
I have defined in pages.xml page exception:

  <exception class="cz.test.TestException">
  |     <end-conversation />
  |     <redirect view-id="/error.seam" />
  |   </exception>

In places, where jpdl is not defined it works well.

But when exception occurs in pageflow defined by jpdl, new Exception is thrown:

  | 10:41:31,656 INFO  [Exceptions] reading exception mappings from /WEB-INF/pages.xml
  | 10:41:31,703 ERROR [SeamPhaseListener] uncaught exception
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: pageflow has not yet started
  |         at org.jboss.seam.core.Pageflow.getNode(Pageflow.java:156)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.core.Pageflow.getPage(Pageflow.java:189)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.core.Pageflow.validatePageflow(Pageflow.java:99)
  |
  | Caused by: cz.test.TestException: Bla
  |         at cz.test.NewProject.createProject(NewProject.java:377)
  |         ... 169 more

10:41:31,703 ERROR [DebugPageHandler] redirecting to debug page
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: pageflow has not yet started
  |         at org.jboss.seam.core.Pageflow.getNode(Pageflow.java:156)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.core.Pageflow.getPage(Pageflow.java:189)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.core.Pageflow.validatePageflow(Pageflow.java:99)

When TestException is not (manually) thrown, pageflow definition and transitions works, so I believe the pageflow is started in spite of IllegalStateException.

Where I did mistake?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047153#4047153

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047153