[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - classpath problems loading plugins deployed outside ear

michele.curioni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 13:12:35 EDT 2007

Hi there,
I have an application that loads a class at runtime. This class implements an interface.

I packaged an deployed my app in a ear file, which contains the interface.
The implementation of this interface is contained in an external jar file.

I want to make the jar file containing the implementation available to my application, but I don't want to package it within the ear file, because I want to swap implementations without having to rebuild the whole application.

Is it something possible?

I tried to read every documentation available, but I couldn't find a solution.

If I deploy the implementation jar in server/default/lib, then I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError because the interface is not visible.

Thanks,
Michele

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047319#4047319

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047319