[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Contact portlet

bwfrieds do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 17:52:17 EDT 2007

My boss has directed me to write a few portlets.  He wants to provide white pages to our portal users; query and update functions against ldap.  I've been looking for an opportunity to contribute to the public community.  I downloaded the address book portlet and I've skimmed the LGPL.  I have been unable to contact Chris Mills at JBoss so maybe someone here can help me.   Questions:

   1. Is there a roadmap for this portlet?
   2. Should I build on top of the Contact portlet and release it as LGPL?  Or should I start from scratch?
   3. If I extend the Contact portlet, do I resubmit the final version to the JBoss Portal Swap under my name and Chris Mills?

I really appreciate any help as I attempt my first open source project.  Cheers!

-Benjamin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047394#4047394

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047394