[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - automatically truncate message table on server startup

paul_da_programmer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 22 07:57:50 EDT 2007

Due to the constraints of my application, there isn't any need for me to preserve messages in a Queue when the application is bounced. As a matter of fact, persisting them across reboots will have the undesired effect of initiating a flurry of activity when the server comes online when all of the stacked messages all attempt to get processing time at once.

Is there any configurable way for me to set the Queue to be flushed on startup or shutdown?

I'm using JBoss 4.0.5 running under JDK 1.5.0_09 under Solaris. I am using Oracle version 9.2 for persistence.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047543#4047543

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047543