[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Dynamic view for s:button control?

anescu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 08:51:23 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have this situation:
1) a combo box with several values and
2) a button.

After the user selects a specific value from the combo box, when the button is clicked a specific page will be displayed. (some sort of pageflow, if you wish).

This could be done very easy in plain Javascript, just change the value of the URL used by the button, based on the current value of the combo box.

How can you implement such a feature in Seam/JSF? I tried to create a component to keep the current value of the combo box and use it to render the button, but this is not working, the button will have the initial value of the atrribute.

EX: I have a hierarchy, with 2 child classes, B and C, both extending A.
I have somewhere a link "Create new A", this leads me to a page with the combo box, where I can choose between B and C. Then I click the button which will forward me to the correct edit page, either B or C.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047887#4047887

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047887