[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: automatically truncate message table on server startup

paul_da_programmer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 12:11:29 EDT 2007

So would non-persistent messages still preserve the transactional integrity of the JMS transaction?

onMsg(...) {
  |    //performSomeDBOperation( ) // or any XA transactional operation
  |    ...biz throws an uncaught exception  which is propagated to the JMS container
  | }

Can I assume the DB updates would be automatically rolled back - regardless of whether the message was persisted is a XA resource like a DB? So is JMS itself is an XA transactional resource irrespective of how persistence is handled? If so, that's something I guess I've missed all of these years using JMS.
I assumed that JMS being a 'potential' XA resource was only because of it's persistence implementation - I assumed if no persistence is used (or a non-transactional persistence impl like a filesystem) then consistent JMS<->DB transactions couldn't be guaranteed.

For so value added here's a good description:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/JMS6.html#wp81843

...from Sun's tutorial...
anonymous wrote : # You can use the setDeliveryMode method of the MessageProducer interface to set the delivery mode for all messages sent by that producer. For example, the following call sets the delivery mode to NON_PERSISTENT for a producer:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047968#4047968

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047968