[jboss-user] [Remoting] - JBoss 4.2.0GA

MarcReis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 12:47:38 EDT 2007

Hi,
 I am looking at the 4.2.0 Server and am hence trying to figuring out the http communication config (we had it at 4.0.4).
Its been a while so I might just be missing something, but at the moment all I get is a

  | java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
  | 	at $Proxy1.sayHello(Unknown Source)
  | 	at com.somewhere.ejb3.client.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:22)
  | Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Can not make remoting client invocation due to not being connected to server.
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1555)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:530)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:41)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:88)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.java:46)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:88)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.security.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:40)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:88)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalInterceptor.java:72)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:88)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessRemoteProxy.invoke(StatelessRemoteProxy.java:103)
  | 	... 2 more

First of, do I still need the  servlet-invoker.war ?.  (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBREM-407 )
Second do I still need the apache*jars as in http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2766?

I had hoped that I would just need to configure
1) ejb3.deployer\META-INF\jboss-service.xml like

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">
  | 	  <depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>
  | 	  <attribute name="InvokerLocator">servlet://${jboss.bind.address}:8080/invoker/EJBInvokerServlet</attribute>
  | 	  <attribute name="Configuration">
  |             <handlers>
  |         	    <handler subsystem="AOP">org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler</handler>
  |            </handlers>
  |          </attribute>
  |  </mbean>

2.)Set the hostname of the server (not sure about the default client bind url, so I tried with an without)

3.) and of course the jndi.properties for the client.

  | java.naming.factory.initial=org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory
  | java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
  | java.naming.provider.url=http://MYPC-281:8080/invoker/JNDIFactory

I tried the differnt configs, from what I thought is needed in 4.2.0 to one matching that of the 4.0.4 config (with ServletServerInvoker for the ejb and default client bind url) and between. Still leaves me with the same error. Did I miss some obvious steps?

Sincerly
marc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047980#4047980

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047980