[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: How can I track connections by user?

teknokrat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 13:13:43 EDT 2007

The duration of the session is however long the user remains logged into the system. This could be hours but practically we will have a timeout of some length.

The EIS is a bespoke system using a bespoke protocol. I need to create a socket and keep it connected to the EIS for as long as the user is using the system. The protocol is bidirectional, asynchronous, ascii streams.

Under normal circumstances i would use a Stateful session bean to cache the connection, but I am stuck with some legacy architecture that forces me to treat the user's interactions in a request/response fashion.

Therefore, I am after a solution where each time a user makes a request, the same connection from the pool is always used.

cheers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047988#4047988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047988