[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ClassCastException: org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamApplication11

shushamen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 15:06:57 EDT 2007

I have the same problem,  using Rational Software Architect 7 - WAS 6.1 runtime.

I think is a problem with the IBM -JSF implementation,   I was doing some decompile over  com.ibm.ws.webcontainer_2.0.0.jar , but can't found the issue, is something related with this  code :

 obj = (ApplicationFactory)FactoryFinder.getFactory("javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory");

application = (ApplicationImpl)((ApplicationFactory) (obj)).getApplication();

The second line give the cast exception, I think they (IBM) have to cast to (Application) not to (ApplicationImpl) because    org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamApplication11  extend for application.

But to try to find a workaround for this I need more time and help from the JBoss Seam.

I really hope that someone or me can find a workaround or make a patch, so people out there can use Seam on WAS 6.1 with the IBM JSF implementation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048022#4048022

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048022