[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: automatically truncate message table on server startup

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 16:37:44 EDT 2007

Aaah, I think I am beginning to understand your question now :)

You were assuming that JMS implemented being an XAResource by delegating the XA functionality to an underlying XA database?

While you could implement a messaging system this way (and if I remember rightly the Sun tutorial? actually mentions this), you'll find that very few (if any) high quality messaging providers do it this way.

This is because it would tie you to an underlying XA capable database, which is not what all our users would want to use.

So, we implement the XAResource from scratch and don't rely on the existence of any XA capable database.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048053#4048053

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048053