[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Queue MessageCount - JMX Help

kemplin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 16:56:12 EDT 2007

I am attempting to get access to a Queue via JMX so I can check to see the number of messages (MessageCount).

I created the queue upon startup of JBoss by copying the default demo Queues in destinations-service.xml

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destinatiosn.QueueService"
name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=myqueue xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
<depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer
jboss.message:service=PostOffice

Inside my code I have the following:

Properties props = new Propeties();
  | props.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | props.setProperty(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | props.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099");
  |
  | InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(props);
  |
  | Object o = ctx.lookup("jmx/rmi/RMIAdaptor");

the object that is returned is a JRMPInvokerProxy, when I expected to get back an RMIAdaptor (as per all the examples I've seen).

Does anyone know why I'm getting this class?  I expected to get an RMIAdaptor.

If I cast it as an RMIAdaptor and then invoke the method:

rmiAdaptor.getAttribute("jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=myqueue", "MessageCount")

I get an UnmarshalException....ClassNotFoundException org.jboss.jmx.connector.invoker.client.InvokerAdaptorException (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled).

If someone can help, I'd really appreciate it.  As you can tell, I'm new to JMX and trying to figure this out.  If you have an example of getting the message count, I'd *really* appreciate it :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048058#4048058

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048058