[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Separate Logging for application

grininger.h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 24 10:36:57 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have two applications in .EAR files which contain the same classes, so the classes have the same package and name.

With this precondition, is there a way to configure log4j to log to FILE-1 if logs come from APP-1 or to FILE-2 resp. when coming from APP-2.

APP-1 ----------> logfile FILE-1
APP-2 ----------> logfile FILE-2

With the conf/jboss-log4j.xml it's not possible because the categories are package-name based.

I tried to deploy a log4j.xml with my applications (location: app.ear/app.war/WEB-INF/classes), but I didn't see any results.

Thanks for any hint!

br, hubert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048331#4048331

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048331