[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Automatically re-establishing DB connections in pool?

Vellmont do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 16:44:16 EDT 2007

Recently the network connection to our database server went down for some reason.  This caused our webapps not work properly until jboss was restarted and established its DB connection pool again.  We're using DataSource connection pooling via JNDI lookups.

My question is:

Is this expected behavior?  Is JBoss supposed to re-establish it's connection pool if the connections are lost for some reason, or is something simply not configured properly?

It'd be nice to get Jboss to be a bit more robust in its failover procedures.  Ideally trying to re-establish its connection pool ever N minutes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048782#4048782

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048782