[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - What am i doing wrong here? - (datamodel selection question)

kasim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 26 23:17:58 EDT 2007

So i have a SFSB AirlineService.

It has 2 datamodels on it, one for departure one for return.

Now obviously these display the same sets of information but have different queries.

So i thought .... in the datamodel i'd switch a flag to know what is selected .. like so -

  | <h:dataTable var="flightPackage" value="#{(onPage == 'departure') ? depFlightList : retFlightList}">

when i run that. The page displays fine, lists are populated etc.

However, the problem exists when i return back to another servicebean and try to retrieve the Datamodelselected .... it is null. Now if i just do #{depFlightList} ... it is fine. So i know my queries work, and in general the DataModelSelection items work.

However ... why wont that work? is there some pre-rendering going on thats preventing it? or?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048876#4048876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048876