[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: logging process execution in file instead of database

pattchen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 28 08:47:28 EDT 2007

I want to replace db with file for 6 reasons:

1. process definition are in an xml file,not in a database
3. I don't want to create a database with all jBPM tables (28) just for logs.
2. information which is really interesting is the result of the process,ie OK,KO or another possible issue.
4. process executions logs are usable(in my case) just for undo or recovery purpose.
5. I don't plan to do any kind of Business Activity Monitoring task.
6. process executions logs must be deleted automatically when they reach a certain size (since I plan to use log4j,this is relatively easy to implement).

Given these reasons, is it possible to use a database for logging?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049035#4049035

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049035