[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JMS C/C++ client without a java proxy

l33t_Phr3Ak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 29 05:12:25 EDT 2007

Hey folks,

i know there is a jms-subforum, but scince my question is nothing specific and scince i am quite new to jboss, i thougt this subforum would be the right place.

I am wondering if there is a C client for JMS which doesn't require a java-Proxy?

I know the active-mq website, but the c/c++ client section there is really confusing and it seems that no one takes care of it anymore:

The active-mq website suggest the following as c/c++-clients:

anonymous wrote : It is very common for an organisation to have lots of legacy C code which needs integration into the message bus. The current available solutions are

  |     * use the OpenWire C Client which is only available in ActiveMQ 4.x or later.
  |     * we are working on the OpenWire CPP Client
  |     * the ActiveMQ C++ Clients is currently a C++ API to Stomp, and is a full-blown replacement for CMS for AMQ v4.0.1 and later. In the future this will be expanded to support OpenWire as well.
  |     * the CMS C++ client which is a C++ API to Stomp which can also be implemented with OpenWire
  |
  |     * use the Stomp C Client for any version of ActiveMQ from 3.1 onwards. You can also use Stomp from many other languages like .Net, Python, Ruby, Perl etc.

But:

a)

anonymous wrote :     * use the OpenWire C Client which is only available in ActiveMQ 4.x or later.

The only two links:

anonymous wrote : You can browse the code here

  | http://svn.activemq.org/branches/activemq-4-0/activemq/openwire-c/
  |
  | e.g. here's an example of it in use...
  |
  | http://svn.activemq.org/branches/activemq-4-0/activemq/openwire-c/src/examples/

are deadlinks.

Google doesn't help as well, this project seems to be dead?

b)

anonymous wrote : we are working on the OpenWire CPP Client

ok, nothing released yet (as far as i can tell)

c)

anonymous wrote : the ActiveMQ C++ Clients is currently a C++ API to Stomp, and is a full-blown replacement for CMS for AMQ v4.0.1 and later. In the future this will be expanded to support OpenWire as well.

But if i click on the link i get redirected to

anonymous wrote : CMS is an easy-to-use JMS 1.1-like API. Our implementation of CMS is called ActiveMQ-CPP, the architecture for which supports pluggable transport protocols, very much like the ActiveMQ broker itself.

So it says " it is a full replacement for CMS", but leads me directly to CMS?
What the hack?

Furthermore - and even worse - __NOT__ a single download link is working as well as the link to the api-docs is broken (if it ever worked)...

d)

anonymous wrote : the CMS C++ client which is a C++ API to Stomp which can also be implemented with OpenWire

Yeah, see c)

e)

anonymous wrote : use the Stomp C Client for any version of ActiveMQ from 3.1 onwards. You can also use Stomp from many other languages like .Net, Python, Ruby, Perl etc.

Almost no documentation at all.

So, in a nutshell, this whole "jms-c/c++ client" project seems to be just dead or unusable....

Has somebody any ideas for a:

- C/C++ JMS client
- which does not need a proxy

Thx for all clues in advance!