[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Stupid Class loading problem

saschwen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 29 08:27:25 EDT 2007

Well,

I kinda resolved it but it wasn't pretty.  Needless to say, I don't like the way Java and JBoss handle their class loading.  The whole thing needs to be revamped.

Anyway,  I ended up fixing it by putting all my jars in the deploy directory and then putting my sar files without jars into the farm directory.  The reason this works is because the deploy directory is loaded first and all the classes in the jars are loaded globaly into the app server.  Then the farm directory loads and the sees the classes.

The only down side is the when you have to update you're code, you have to copy it to all the servers and then restart them to have the code update.  So you basically loose the functionallity of runtime deploying....  But lets face it, Dynamic deployment just complicates things.  On the other hand,  I can easily deploy the configuration/instance mbeans easliy.

I've recently switched to .NET and at first glance, it's quite nice.

I hope this helps.  Again, It's not that pretty.

Thank you,

Steve.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049291#4049291

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049291