[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Listing JMS Messages using JMX doesn't give full message

mskonda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 29 10:15:22 EDT 2007

I have developed set of tools to "browse" messages on destinations for Kabutar. The approach I've taken is to use JBoss JMS MBeans rather than clumsy JMS QueueBrowser.

I am able to create/fetch the MBean responsible for the destination of my interest, however, when I try to have a peek at the message content, I don't get anything except printing:

JBossMessage[0]:NON-PERSISTENT
JBossMessage[0]:NON-PERSISTENT

etc..

I get null when I tried getting the text (after convesion to TextMessage) from the message.

here's my test code:

  |  public void testQueueInfo() throws Exception
  |     {
  |         String name = "testSecuredQueue";
  |         logger.info("Deploying the queue - " + name);
  |         MBeanServerConnection mBeanServer = lookupMBeanServerProxy(new InitialContext());
  |         ObjectName serverObjectName = new ObjectName(
  |             "jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=" + name);
  |         ArrayList o = (ArrayList) mBeanServer.invoke(serverObjectName,
  |             "listAllMessages", new Object[0], new String[0]);
  |         for (Iterator i = o.iterator(); i.hasNext();)
  |         {
  |             Message msg = (Message)i.next();
  |             logger.info("Message: " + msg);
  |             TextMessage txtMsg = (TextMessage)msg;
  |             logger.info("TxtMessage: " + txtMsg.getText());
  |         }
  |     }

The same happens when you access litAllMessages method via JMX Browser

Any pointers?

Thanks
Madhu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049358#4049358