[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - using pages.xml to manage conversation

richajon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 29 11:41:51 EDT 2007

Hi

I am trying to use only pages.xml to manage my conversation creation and end.

I want to go from a page called pharmacyList.xhtml > pharmacyEdit.xhtml using a method on my controller (action) class.

If I put something like this:

  | <s:link value="Add New Pharmacy" action="#{pharmacyEditController.newPharmacy}" style=" color: #000000;" propagation="end"></s:link>

it works fine if I use the propagation="end" attritube. (I have a @Begin on my pharmacyEditController.newPharmacy method).

But it does not work if I remove my prograpagation="end" and I put the <end-conversation/> in the pages.xml file.

  |     <page view-id="/views/admin/pharmacies/pharmacyList.xhtml">
  |         <description>Pharmacy List</description>
  |         <navigation from-action="#{pharmacyEditController.newPharmacy}">
  |             <end-conversation/>
  |             <redirect view-id="/views/admin/pharmacies/pharmacyEdit.xhtml"/>
  |         </navigation>
  |     </page>

What's wrong? Is there anything else I should do to make it work correctly? My goal is to use the pages.xml ONLY and the @Begin/@Eng to manage my conversations and not use the propagation="" attribute in my templates.

Thanks for any info!

Jonathan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049404#4049404

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049404