[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Viewing message contents in a queue

parressh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 29 16:08:54 EDT 2007

So, it would make sense for the JMX MBean for the queue to show a message count of 20, but for the QueueBrowser to not see any messages?  So that inconsistency is normal?

I'm looking through the docs now to see how to configure the number of messages pulled down from JMS, but I'm not sure I've found it yet.  I have the following config in standardjboss.xml, which sets the MaximumSize property to 3.  However, the problem is seen when there are 20+ messages, so this must not be the setting you're referring to.

  |     <invoker-proxy-binding>
  |       <name>message-driven-bean</name>
  |       <invoker-mbean>default</invoker-mbean>
  |       <proxy-factory>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker</proxy-factory>
  |       <proxy-factory-config>
  |         <JMSProviderAdapterJNDI>DefaultJMSProvider</JMSProviderAdapterJNDI>
  |         <ServerSessionPoolFactoryJNDI>StdJMSPool</ServerSessionPoolFactoryJNDI>
  |         <CreateJBossMQDestination>true</CreateJBossMQDestination>
  |         <!-- WARN: Don't set this to zero until a bug in the pooled executor is fixed -->
  |         <MinimumSize>1</MinimumSize>
  |         <MaximumSize>3</MaximumSize>
  |         <KeepAliveMillis>30000</KeepAliveMillis>
  |         <MaxMessages>1</MaxMessages>
  |         <MDBConfig>
  |           <ReconnectIntervalSec>10</ReconnectIntervalSec>
  |           <DLQConfig>
  |             <DestinationQueue>queue/DLQ</DestinationQueue>
  |             <MaxTimesRedelivered>10</MaxTimesRedelivered>
  |             <TimeToLive>0</TimeToLive>
  |           </DLQConfig>
  |         </MDBConfig>
  |       </proxy-factory-config>
  |     </invoker-proxy-binding>

Also, I would have thought that the messages would still be on the queue until the MDB finishes and the transaction commits.  But it looks like you're saying that messages can be pulled down, but not processed yet, and they're not considered to be on the queue.  Did I understand that correctly?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049521#4049521

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049521