[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EntityQuery.nextExists not working correctly?

azalea do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 30 03:29:25 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm new in JBoss Seam and reading Yuan's Seam Book.
I want to display multipage query results with EntityQuery(Seam CRUD App Framework).
I want to display 3 data records(EntityQuery#getMaxResults) per page, and now there are 6 data records in database table.
Then there are "Next Page" and "Last Page" links in first page. That's OK.
But there are also in second page! (i.e. #{fans.nextExists) returns true regardless of no next data records)
When I click "Next Page" or "Last Page" link in second page, third page is displayed without data records( and next/last paging links).
Why "Next/Last Page" links are displayed in second page regardless of no next data records?

  |   <s:link view="/fans.xhtml"
  |           rendered="#{fans.previousExists}"
  |           value="#{messages.left}#{messages.left} First Page"
  |           id="firstPage">
  |     <f:param name="firstResult" value="0"/>
  |   </s:link>
  |
  |   <s:link view="/fans.xhtml"
  |           rendered="#{fans.previousExists}"
  |           value="#{messages.left} Previous Page"
  |           id="previousPage">
  |     <f:param name="firstResult"
  |              value="#{fans.previousFirstResult}"/>
  |   </s:link>
  |
  |   <s:link view="/fans.xhtml"
  |           rendered="#{fans.nextExists}"
  |           value="Next Page #{messages.right}"
  |           id="nextPage">
  |     <f:param name="firstResult"
  |              value="#{fans.nextFirstResult}"/>
  |   </s:link>
  |
  |   <s:link view="/fans.xhtml"
  |           rendered="#{fans.nextExists}"
  |           value="Last Page #{messages.right}#{messages.right}"
  |           id="lastPage">
  |     <f:param name="firstResult"
  |              value="#{fans.lastFirstResult}"/>
  |   </s:link>
  |

  | @Name("fans")
  | public class PersonList extends EntityQuery {
  |
  | 	@Override
  | 	public String getEjbql() {
  | 		return "select p from Person p";
  | 	}