[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Versatile component : component binding, facelets or new

mustaghattack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 30 04:42:54 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply. In this article Rick Hightower explain how to make compile-time tag, which doesn't work for my requirements.
It's not difficult to turn them into render-time tags but I found easier to just use the rendered attribute.

I've done a component which work like this :

  | <rw:pollquestion answerType="#{q.answerType}"
  |                          answerStyle="#{q.answerStyle}"
  |                          answers="#{q.answers}"
  |                          freeText="#{q.freeText}">
  |     <s:selectItems value="#{q.options}" var="opt" label="#{opt.text}"/>
  | </rw:pollquestion>

Type can be OPEN, MULTIPLE or SINGLE. Style is one of LIST, MENU, TICK_HORIZONTAL, TICK_VERTICAL. You get a list of POJO into answers if the type is not OPEN or a String in freeText.

It works but it's a pain in the ass to write it. I finally decided to stick with facelets / rendered attribute.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049623#4049623

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049623