[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Crazy rendering after validation error (post 4.2 upgrade

lowecg2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 30 14:20:23 EDT 2007

To reproduce this in the Seam-Discs example, I added a required field to home.xhtml as follows:

view/home.xhtml
  | 		    		</f:facet>

  |     <h:inputText value="#{artistHome.testValue}" required="true" />
  |     </rich:panel>

org.jboss.seam.example.seamdiscs.action.ArtistHome.java

  | package org.jboss.seam.example.seamdiscs.action;

  | import org.jboss.seam.log.Log;
  | import org.jboss.seam.annotations.Logger;
  |

  | @Name("artistHome")
  | public class ArtistHome {

  |    public void dummy() {
  |    }
  |
  |    public void setTestValue(String value) {
  |       this.testValue = value;
  |    }
  |
  |    public String getTestValue() {
  |       return testValue;
  |    }
  |
  |    private String testValue;
  | }

Deploy and run the app in JBoss 4.2.0.GA.  Do not enter anything into the input field and click the "Dummy" link.  You'll see the red div box (minus contexts) inserted at the top of the "Artists & Discs" panel; The Dummy link will also be duplicated.  Hit Dummy again to add more instances.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049845#4049845

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049845