[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: 1.2.0.GA transparent node failover does not always work

sergeypk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 03:12:20 EDT 2007

Tim, please correct me if I'm wrong on this:

I don't think there's anything in the JMS spec about behavior of clustering and failover. In any case, you only need to re-lookup the connection factory if the entire cluster goes down and is restarted later, not if just one node fails.

Basically, the factory remembers the last node that was alive and will try to create connections targetting this node. If the node doesn't come alive, the attempts will keep failing, even though there could be other nodes already alive that could be used in place of this one.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049986#4049986

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049986