[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Round trip process to task variable mapping

msandoz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 09:14:56 EDT 2007

Hi how do i best to explicitly set process variables in the xml process definition?

also is there an example of a best method for getting a variable from one task to another? or should that always just go back to the process? what I'm trying to do for example is to take the following flow:

(start)-->(node a)-->(node b)-->(end)

and have (b) use the results of (a). i tried simply using an expression in node b's <action class> variable definition like:

  | <node name="a">
  |   <action class="myAction">
  |     <myvarname>myvalue</myvarname>
  |   </action>
  |   <transition name="toB" to="b"></transition>
  | </node>
  | <node name="b">
  |   <action class="myAction">
  |     <myvarname>#{a.myvarname}</myvarname>
  |   </action>
  |   <transition name="toEnd" to="end"></transition>
  | </node>

but it didnt return any value...should i look to embedding a script instead? or do i need to first copy back to the process from a and then from the process to b?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050139#4050139

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050139