[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Wrong datatable var type

limousyf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 14:15:17 EDT 2007

Hello,

I used the clickable list example described in chapter 1.3 in the reference guide to create my own list page, but I have some:

javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException

when I try to display the datatable

The weird thing is that the same Object is in the DataModel and in the "var" of my datatable:

  | certif	com.fitnetapplication.certifications.entity.CertificationList at 1faa588
  | certificationList	com.fitnetapplication.certifications.entity.CertificationList at 1faa588

(This comes from the debug page)

Here is my bean code :

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("myCertifications")
  | public class MyCertificationsBean implements MyCertifications {
  |
  |     @Logger private Log log;
  |
  |     @In FacesMessages facesMessages;
  |
  |     @DataModel
  |     private List<Certification> certificationList;
  |
  |     @DataModelSelection
  |     @Out(required=false)
  |     private Certification certification;
  |
  |     @In(value="entityManager")
  |     private EntityManager em;
  |
  |     @In(value="loggedCollaborateur", required=false, create=true)
  |     Collaborateur loggedCollaborateur;
  |
  |     @Factory("certificationList")
  |     public void findMessages()
  |     {
  |
  | (...) blablabla, I'm fetching all my list (...)
  |
  |     }

My page :

  |     <h:dataTable id="certificationList"
  |                 var="certif"
  |               value="#{certificationList}" >
  |         <h:column>
  |             <f:facet name="header">
  |                 <s:link styleClass="columnHeader"
  |                              value="certificationId #{certificationList.order=='certificationId asc' ? messages.down : ( certificationList.order=='certificationId desc' ? messages.up : '' )}">
  |                     <f:param name="order" value="#{certificationList.order=='certificationId asc' ? 'certificationId desc' : 'certificationId asc'}"/>
  |                 </s:link>
  |             </f:facet>
  |             <h:outputText value="#{certif.certificationId}"></h:outputText>
  |         </h:column>
  |
  | etc (...)

I also tried with a rich:datatable but it didn't change.

What am I doing wring here ?
Why isn't there any "Certification" objects in my "certif" var in the jsf page ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050275#4050275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050275