[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - PAGE context and Ajax4JSF

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 17:51:38 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Are there any plans (is it even technically possible?) to get PAGE scoped components to work with a page that uses Ajax4JSF?

I was using a PAGE-scoped @Factory @DataModel previously, to display data to the user that gets modified by other asynchronous processes - ie: i wanted the data model to refresh on each request.  However, this failed when I had form fields with Ajax4JSF because the serialized page state is not available when Ajax4JSF goes through the JSF lifecycle to process the validations.

I had to solve it by using a long-running conversation with judicious use of @End on most of the other actions on my bean, which seems a bit of a hack.

Is there a better way?  Or should I just avoid the a4JSF validation and PPR on this kind of page?

thanks kindly,
Daniel.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050327#4050327

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050327