[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: PAGE context and Ajax4JSF

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 19:19:37 EDT 2007

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the reply.

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote : the serialized page state is not available when Ajax4JSF goes through the JSF lifecycle to process the validations

  | I'm sure that's not correct. Ajax4JSF does resubmit the serialized state back to the server.

I'd have thought so too, but I read something on the forums which led me to believe this was the problem (can't find the link now).  Perhaps the behaviour I'm seeing is actually to do with my @Factory/@DataModel usage.

Here's what's happening...

  | @DataModel(scope = ScopeType.PAGE)
  | private List<Batch> batchList;
  |
  | @Factory("batchList")
  | public void search() { ... }

Now, every time focus leaves an input box that has Ajax4JSF validation on it, the search() method gets called on the server.  I assumed this was because the Ajax4JSF request does not have the page scoped "batchList" available, so the @Factory gets called.  What do you think?

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote :
  | anonymous wrote : i wanted the data model to refresh on each request.
  |
  | Then what you need to do is re-render the whole f:view. If you don't re-render the ViewRoot, then the PAGE scope attributes won't be updated on the client side.
  |
  | If you use reRender="theViewRootId", everything should work fine.

Those requests aren't PPR/ajax.. but thanks for that tip because if I solve the above a4jsf validation problem, I will probably change this later on and I would have just reRender'ed the data table, not the whole view.

cheers,
Daniel.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050340#4050340

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050340