[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: entityManager goes null on form submit?

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 1 11:50:51 EDT 2007

Like Wesley, Im trying out the Flying Saucer renderer to generate PDFs but am hitting the same issue. The PDF is generated but my entityManager is now null.

Also it looks like FS takes over rendering of the application somehow. I see logging like this for every page component :
  | 15:38:55,445 INFO  [application] Created component with component type of javax.faces.Column
  | 15:38:55,445 INFO  [application] Created component with component type of javax.faces.HtmlOutputText
  | 15:38:55,445 INFO  [application] Created component with component type of javax.faces.HtmlGraphicImage
  | 15:38:55,446 INFO  [application] Created component with component type of org.jboss.seam.ui.Span
  | 15:38:55,447 INFO  [application] Created component with component type of org.jboss.seam.ui.Message
  | 15:38:55,447 INFO  [application] Created component with component type of org.jboss.seam.ui.Span

I have to restart the app server to bring it back to normal (logging out doesnt fix it)

Is anyone successfully using the Flying Saucer renderer with Seam?

@Wesley - did you ever find a non-hack solution?

Cheers,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100957#4100957