[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: HTTPS redirection

rjstanford do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 2 08:47:09 EDT 2007

Actually, what would be great (but not helpful for us at the moment) would be if the Pages.getRequestUrl() method was actually overridable.  That way, for those of us with offloaded SSL, we could simply check a header (or whatever) and report back, "Yes, this was sent as SSL."  That would allow the use of the "scheme=" attribute in pages.xml, which is really great.

Without using scheme=, its a bit of a pain in fact.

I'm now looking at trying to do a filter upstream of the Seam filter (sadly not an area I'm very familiar with) to change the HttpServletRequest URL (conditionally).  That seems to be pretty risky to me, but I'm thinking its our only hope if we want SSL offloading /and/ proper http->https redirection...

As always, advice is welcome.  I suppose that the other possibility would be to build a hacked version of Seam, but that's not a direction I really want to head...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101285#4101285

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101285