[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Sockets left in CLOSE_WAIT on server

nkhadakk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 2 12:50:19 EDT 2007

Just upgrading to JBoss Remoting 2.2.2.SP1  and keeping to older JBoss AS(4.2.1)  and JBM(1.3) did not fix this issue. We had to upgrade across the board  to JBM 1.4SP1 + JBoss AS  4.2.2 GA + JBoss Remoting 2.2.2.SP1 and this issue seems to be alleviated significantly.

  In some fringe cases we still see a couple of CLOSE_WAIT s hanging around. These fringe cases have to do with scenarios where the message producer is sending messages with the JMS provider restarting AND the Message consumer listening to older sockets that should have been discarded when the JMS provider restarted.

These cases are quite fringe  and require a certain amount of application code bugs (to allow listeners on older sockets) to recreate....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101390#4101390

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101390