[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - GDI leak in FreeMarker IDE

kyle30312 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 2 15:56:35 EDT 2007

I'm seeing Eclipse crashes that I think are caused by a GDI handle leak in the FreeMarker IDE plugin for Eclipse.

Using FreeMarker IDE 1.0.0.beta3 with Eclipse 3.3.1.1 on Windows XP SP2, as I type inside a directive tag (like <@abc name="def" />), the Outline view updates.  As it updates, the GDI handle count (visible in Process Explorer) increases; when it reaches 9,999, Eclipse fails to paint and won't shut down cleanly.

The number of handles leaked appears to be N for each character typed, where N is the number of items displayed in the Outline view.  Not showing the Outline view at all (i.e. close it and restart Eclipse) appears to work around the problem.

- Is anyone else seeing this problem?
- Can anyone recommend a fix?  From a quick look at the code, I'm guessing Image objects may not be getting dispose()'d, but I'm not sure when they should be disposed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101450#4101450

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101450