[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: jndi jboss service problem connecting

ByDcc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 3 04:24:17 EDT 2007

   Well, I tried many names but the result is always the same.

Global JNDI Namespace
  |   +- ConnectionFactory (class: org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory)
  |   +- persistence.units:unitName=cartstore (class: org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl)
  |   +- CartstoreFactory (class: org.jboss.ejb3.entity.InjectedEntityManagerFactory)

My code
  |    Object obj=ic.lookup("cartstore");
  |    Object obj1=ic.lookup("persistence.units:unitName=cartstore");
  |    Object obj2=ic.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
  |
  |    EntityManagerFactory em = (EntityManagerFactory) ic.lookup("CartstoreFactory");
  |
  |    CategoryEntity ce = new CategoryEntity();
  |    ce.setCreationDate(new Timestamp( Calendar.getInstance().getTimeInMillis() ) );
  |    ce.setDescription("pppppp");
  |    ce.setKeyName("lllllll");
  |    ce.setName("oooooooo");
  |
  |    em.createEntityManager().persist(ce);

obj is null
obj1 is null
obj2 is NOT null. I have a reference to an object.
And the last line throws a NullPointerException.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101512#4101512

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101512