[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Can I dynamically configure workflow in a thin-client enviro

tomnicholls do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 5 06:56:19 EST 2007

I'm about to evaluate jBPM for our project, and would be grateful for a brief answer to a couple of questions:

Can business rules/workflow be configured at runtime?  And can this be done from a web browser?  This would allow our customers to assign their own workflow definitions.

If the answer is no,  I am thinking that we could configure a number of possible workflows and allow customers to purchase the ability to use them - perhaps by somehow assigning each piece of workflow to a particular "role" and allowing roles to be assigned at runtime (if this is allowed).  Would this make sense?

We are looking to create a "building block" application, where customers purchase from a choice of workflows and these are instantaneously assigned.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help - it would be particularly good if someone could point out where to find relevant documentation on this.

Tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101717#4101717

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101717