[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - -Seam-gen PropertyNotFoundException after generate-entities

nharrison do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 5 22:45:12 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm evaluating Seam and trying to deploy a simple app using seam-gen with a preexisting MySQL database (also tried the same with MSSQL).

I've tried to deploy with JBoss 4.2.0 and  4.2.2 with both seam 1.2 and 2.0CR3.

The empty shell seam-gen runs fine. After running "generate-entites" the , generated entities match the DB schema and the pages are created.  But  upon accessing the home page a PropertyNotFound exception occurs:

  | javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Property 'sApplications' not found on type shippingapp.SApplicationsList_$$_javassist_0
  |         at javax.el.BeanELResolver$BeanProperties.get(BeanELResolver.java:193)

The problem occurs when an <s:link> tag is rendered in the menu.  This links to a page called:  SApplicationsList.xhtml (corresponding to the SApplictions.java entity - see DDL below).   Along with the xhtml page there is a SApplicationsList.page.xml file.   The problem occurs there when the following is rendered, specifically, when the sApplicationsList.sApplications.shipmentCode EL is processed.   This seems to suggest an issue with EJB3 / Hibernate...  but I'm new to this..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <page xmlns="http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages"
  |       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |       xsi:schemaLocation="http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages-2.0.xsd">
  |
  |    <param name="firstResult" value="#{sApplicationsList.firstResult}"/>
  |    <param name="order" value="#{sApplicationsList.order}"/>
  |    <param name="from"/>
  |    <param name="shipmentCode" value="#{sApplicationsList.sApplications.shipmentCode}"/>
  |    <param name="projectBrief" value="#{sApplicationsList.sApplications.projectBrief}"/>
  |
  | </page>

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `dbo`.`s_applications`;
  | CREATE TABLE  `dbo`.`s_applications` (
  |   `applicationId` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  |   `shipmentCode` varchar(45) DEFAULT NULL,
  |   `dateInitialContact` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
  |   `projectBrief` text,
  |   PRIMARY KEY (`applicationId`)
  | ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

Any clues?